Have you ever heard of grandma or your mom talking about normal delivery or C -section delivery when they used to go to meet new moms, As a girl I used to wonder what they are talking about. In Fact have seen my mom giving tips for normal delivery to pregnant women. When I was pregnant my mom and my mom in law both were behind me and gave all possible tips for having a normal delivery.
The best moment for every women in her life when her child comes out from her womb. The first cry of the baby makes the mother happiest person on earth. Every women who becomes mother enjoys the moment when after lot of pain you deliver a baby . The feeling can’t be expressed in words. But sometimes moms have to undergo C-section which is less painful than Normal delivery but more risky for mother and the child. Since the human life came to existence,normal vaginal delivery is the only method which our ancestors have used. But since science was not developed at that time, so many mothers died during deliveries.
5 years back when I was pregnant ,only advice my mom in law gave to me is to have Normal delivery until something goes wrong. She gave me so many exercises from her experience which help me to deliver my child normally.
*What is Normal Delivery
Normal Delivery is a natural process that every woman is capable of giving birth to a newborn to bring in this world. Normal Delivery is a beautiful combination of gains and pains. Almost every Pregnant Women wishes to have Normal Delivery, which not fulfills in every case since medical condition of every Women varies. Since many new moms have asked me tips ,i am here to give you Tips for having a normal delivery.
Tips for having Normal Delivery
Giving birth to a baby in the form of Normal Vaginal Delivery is the best way for both a child as well as for mother. So to increase the chances of Normal Delivery, Women’s should follow the below points:
- Use Water
- Use your Prenatal Education
- Spend early Labor at home
- Don’t gain excess weight and watch your diet
- Stay Healthy and stress free with regular exercises
- Pick a Health care provider
- take proper advice from your gynaecologist.
- Never take calcium and iron dose together ,they both dont allow to get absorbed in the body.so take both tablets separately and at a distance of 2 hrs.
- Always use squatty potty to increase the flexibility of your abdominal muscles.
- Walk ,use staircases and do normal breathing yoga exercises.
*What are the chances of Normal Delivery
There are certain factors which improves your chances of having Natural Delivery. If you follow Tips for having a normal delivery you will be safe and your child too. Afcourse this factors may not be true in all the cases but increases your chances of having Normal Delivery.
- Stay at home until you are in excess labor.
- Work with your natural labor hormones.
- Stay calm, stress free, have patience and sleep well.
- Practice breathing and relaxation techniques.
- Trust and educate yourself and your support people
- Choose your labour support and birth training partner carefully.
- Stay active and prepare your mind and body for Normal delivery.
- Hire an experienced doctor.
- Avoid having an epidural for pain relief because it may result in longer pushing stage.
- Try to avoid induction because induction of Labor tends to more interventions and lowers the chances of normal delivery.
- Plan to give birth at a birth centre or proper hospital.
- Practice perineal massage.
*What is the process of Normal Delivery
A normal child-birth involves three basic stages:
- First stage consists of three phases: Latent, Active and Transition phase.
In the Latent phase the cervix dilates from 0-4 cm. This phase is also called as Early phase.In the second phase i.e. Active phase cervix dilates from 4-7 cm. In the third phase i.e. transition phase. Here a patient will feel fatigued, shiverings, and nausea since contractions becomes more strong, painful and frequent.
- In Second stage baby is pushed out and delivered.
This is the second stage and it begins with fully dilated cervix. Here a patient will experience a severe pain. The baby makes her way down through the pelvic region and birth canal.
- The Placenta is removed from the body.
This is also called as after birth stage. Here the cord is cut and the baby is cleaned and placed on the abdomen.
*How painful is normal Delivery
It will be completely wrong If I say normal Delivery is not painful because Normal Delivery is actually an intense painful process apart of some rare cases. The Labor pain of a Pregnant Woman differs from woman to woman and also for the number of deliveries of a same woman. Basically the Labor pain is result of contracting of uterus in pushing the baby out, resulting in intense pain in abdomen, pelvic belt, bladder, vaginal area, rectal area, etc. Though Normal Delivery involves an intense paining process but it is for short period and helps keeping you healthy for a longer period. But if you follow Tips for having a normal delivery ,you might get less pain .
*Why should you prefer Normal Delivery
In today’s age it is seen whatever may be circumstances many Women as well doctors suggest C-section Delivery. However birthing of a child is largely a natural experience and unless there is emergency one should always prefer for Normal Delivery. Natural delivery results in quick recovery and is also beneficial for the mother. Natural Labor and normal Delivery of child enables Women to connect to child’s birth closely. Above all, Normal Delivery has been proved healthier for both the mother and for the baby and so you should always prefer Normal Delivery over C-section Delivery.
*Food consumption and tips for having a Normal Delivery
A healthy Mother will deliver a healthy baby. You can follow below tips:
- Iron is very essential for a pregnant Woman, so she should have iron rich diet products.
- Avoid alcohol and junk food
- Avoid eating meat.
- Should have green vegetables and fruits.
- Should increase the intake of calcium and vitamins food products, especially the dairy products.
- Reduce intake of sugar.
- Have proper and timely meal.
- Include Bromelain rich foods in your diet. It is an enzyme that reduces Labor pain and soften the cervix part. Fruits such as Mango and pineapple are rich in Bromelain should be consumed but not in excess.
*Signs and symptoms of Normal Delivery
The signs and symptoms of a Normal Delivery may vary from a patient to patient. But there are some basic symptoms which even a doctor tell a patient to keep in mind regarding Normal delivery.
Signs and symptoms of Labor pain which occurs few weeks before
- Cramping and pain in lower back as joints and muscles and stretches.
- Feels to urinate frequently as baby’s head pinches and puts pressures towards urinary bladder.
- Loosened joints.
- Lack of coordination in the body movements.
- You may experience a baby turning between 30 and 34 weeks.
Signs and symptoms of Labor pain which occurs few hours before
- More frequent and stronger contractions which gradually increases with time.
- Vaginal discharge increases and becomes thicker in consistency.
- Cramping and pain in lower back
- Your pelvic pressure will increase.
- You will feel to pee more often.
- May experience lower belly cramps.
*Pregnancy exercises and Tips for having a normal delivery
Doing Exercise during Pregnancy period helps a lot in the proper birthing position of a child and also increases chances of Normal Delivery. But the exercise should be done under the guidance of an expert. Fitness is most important part of pregnancy.
- In the first trimester period Women’s should do some basic Warm up exercises.
- Should do some pelvic stretch exercises.
- Prenatal Yoga (yoga should be a habit and not only for pregnancy period)
*Normal Delivery v/s C-section Pros and Cons
Many Pregnant Women having low risk Pregnancies are also opting for C-section delivery, making it a common way of Delivery as compared to the natural way of normal Delivery. Knowing the fact that C-section delivery involves risk for both child as well as mother, still there are few advantages of C-section delivery in case of emergency.
- No labor pain
- Baby is safe
- No injuries to vagina
- Risk of death is low
But there are also some disadvantages of C-section
- C-section is painful
- Decreases the chances of Normal Delivery in future
- C-section is expensive
- Takes long time to recover.
Hope this article which is my personnel experience of life may help to every new wannabe moms to have Normal delivery and also follow my tips to have smooth journey of delivering baby. I hope you liked my Tips for having a normal delivery.