W for Washington in the United States | Kids Friendly Travel Destination |#BlogchatterA2Z Challenge April 2019
Washington is full of various attractions and a plethora of things to do in this place with your kids. Then, why shouldn’t we add it in the list of kids friendly travel destination? We have tried our best to catalog the perfect things to do as well as the best places to stay in Washington. So, take a look at the list and check off all the things to do in Washington with kids.
Best Time to Visit Washington with Kids
Between the month of April and May or September to middle November is considered as the perfect time to plan your getaway in this kid’s friendly travel destination.
I have compiled a list of things to do in Washington. So, let’s check what all activities you can do with your kids.
Things to do in Washington with Kids
Here are the top attractions that you and your family will love during your vacation period in Washington. Make sure to not to miss it.
- Get a chance to see your favorite animals like Panda, Giraffes, Lions and many more at the National Zoo. It has more than 400 wildlife species.
- Feel the skin of the crocodile or examine the skeleton of the dinosaurs or the white shark only at the National History of Museum.
- Check out the largest collection of the aircraft as well as spacecraft in the world at the Air and Space Museum.
- Experience the live theatre of the classic stories and fairytales through the puppet show at Discovery Theatre.
- Enjoy the paddle boating and sightseeing of the city at the Tidal Basin.
- Get the dose of ultimate entertainment by choosing from hundreds of rides at the largest amusement park in Washington, Six Flags America.
- Discover the suburban gem of Washington by taking the trip to Roer’s Zoofari. Your children can look up the animals closely and also feed them with their own hands.
- Take a ride on the vintage carousel with a variety of workshops and classes for your kids at Glen Echo Park.
Popular Places to Dine in Washington with Kids
After ticking off all the things to do in Washington. Here are the list of Kids friendly restaurants during the visit to Washington.
- Stella Barra Pizzeria
This restaurant in Washington let your kids make fresh pizzas for themselves. You can also, make your own pizza by choosing the kind of toppings that you would prefer on your pizza. The chef will deliver the hot and steamy pizzas to your table directly from the oven.
If you want to give wholesome nutrients to your kids while on a vacation, then this is the perfect option. They serve cheesy baked grains with seasonal vegetables.
Kids Friendly Hotels in Washington
If you are planning to visit or currently in Washington, then you should take a look at these family-friendly hotels for the comfortable stays.
- Washington Plaza Hotel (4.5/5 Ratings)
- Pod DC Hotel (4.5/5 Ratings)
- HighRoad Hostel DC (4.5/5 Ratings)
- Birdhouse Bed and Breakfast (4.5/5 Ratings)
- The St. Gregory Hotel Dupont Circle (4.5/5 Ratings)
With the dozens of the places to visit in Washington, it will surely be one of the best kid-friendly travel destinations. That’s you surely need to pay a visit at least once in your life and explore the best of United States. So, pack up your bags with your family.
Let me know what you think about the place or got any tips for traveling Washington with kids, then drop your suggestion in the comments below. And stay tuned for the next alphabet of #BlogchatterA2Z April Challenge 2019.
Read my last post on ‘V for Vienna’ at https://wp.me/p8uP0Y-12y