E for Edinburgh in Scotland | Kids Friendly Travel Destination | #BlogchatterA2Z Challenge 2019
Entering a huge fairy tale lookalike castle or visiting a spooky dungeon, Edinburgh is sure to be on your travel bucket list. The city has a variety of tourist attraction for children all ages and for the parents as well. Due to the entertaining list of activities and places, your munchkins will definitely perceive this city from a different lens for sure. Let’s check what all activities you can do in Edinburgh with Kids.
Best Time to Visit Edinburgh with Kids
Between the month of June and August is considered as the perfect time to plan your getaway in Edinburgh.
Things to do in Edinburgh with Kids
Here are the top attractions that you and your family will love during your vacation period in Edinburgh. Make sure to not to miss it.
- Learn a bit more about Scottish history and the witness the glorious Crown Jewels by taking a tour to Edinburgh Castle.
- Take 287 steps to the Scott Monument, if you want to witness the most enthralling view of the city.
- Stroll around souvenir shops in Royal Mile and catch the sight of the talented street performers in the evening.
- If you or your children are Potterheads, then you wouldn’t want to miss the inspiration behind the story and characters of Harry Potter at The Potter Trail.
- Discover the first Apple computer or Robots exhibition, National Museum of Scotland has so much more.
- Get to know the darkest history of the city and experiencing the spookiest story at the Edinburgh Dungeon.
- Plan your visit to the mysterious room and lay your eyes on the moving images of the city at the Camera Obscura and World of Illusions.
Popular Places to Dine in Edinburgh with Kids
Here are the list of Kids friendly restaurants during the visit to Edinburgh.
- Café Hub
Not just the delicious food they also bestow a kid’s toy which makes them even happier than before. Decorate your own cupcake is one of the activities held by the cafe for the kids.
- La Favorita
No one can say no to pizza and they serve the best pizza as well as pasta in the town. Also, you get a lot of varieties to choose from.
Kids Friendly Hotels in Edinburgh
If you are planning to visit or currently in Edinburgh, then you should take a look at these family-friendly hotels for the comfortable stays.
- Novotel Edinburgh Park (4/5 ratings)
- Travelodge Edinburgh Central Princes Street (4/5 ratings)
- Hampton by Hilton Edinburgh West End (4.5/5 ratings)
- Murrayfield Hotel and House (4.5/5 ratings)
- Aparthotel Adagio Edinburgh Royal Mile (4.5/5 ratings)
If you want to make the most of your visit to one of the beautiful cities in Europe and the historic capital of Scotland, then surely tick off all the thing to do in Edinburgh with your kids.
Let me know what you think about the place or got any tips for traveling Edinburgh with your kids, then drop your suggestion in the comments below. And stay tuned for the next alphabet of #BlogchatterA2Z April Challenge 2019.
Read my previous post on ‘D for Dubai’ at https://wp.me/p8uP0Y-ZS