- Always carry extra jacket as you would never know about the temperatures.
- Make sure you don’t fall sick as you are traveling. Colder temperatures can make ur kid very ill.
- Always wear comfortable cloth whilst traveling.
Xmas time is the most amazing time as you have a winter vacation from 24th December to 2nd Jan usually in Maharashtra. From childhood, my parents have kept summer vacations for our native place and winter vacation for fun vacations. Even native place vacations were as good as winter but due to summer seasons, we could not do a lot of activities in native place, which is in my case in Rajasthan.
So as soon as we used to get Xmas vacation, my dad used to take either to Mahabaleshwar, Matheran, Lonavala or Khandala. In Maharashtra, winter vacation is more important as they are shorter but the cold temperatures make it more worthy and loving. I still remember my trip to Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani during Xmas vacation. Every hotel or restaurant is being designed for Xmas, with a lot of Santa Claus or snowy clouds design inside the rooms.
1) Mahabaleshwar: When you travel by car from Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar you can see all the small houses to big hotels on the way is being lightened up by colorful leds and star-shaped candles hanging right on top as pole star on each house or restaurant. Since Mahabaleshwar is a famous hill station in Maharashtra, we keep on going during summers also but winters are more amazing.
You get to enjoy hot Maggi, hot tea, corn bhel, coffee and lot of spices to keep you heated. But that fun cant is explained in words, it has to be experienced only. The only problem in winter is that Mahabaleshwar faces a lot of fog in the morning which creates mishaps like accidents and so on. So be careful before you step out on a foggy day.
2)Lonavala and Khandala: which is very close to Mumbai and most common destinations for one two days trip too. As you must have read my waterpark post in the last article, you must have got an idea how Lonavala has so many attractions like Imagica. Lonavala and Khandala are most visited destinations for Mumbaikar as they are serene n divine during winter and rainy season.
What I love the best is the mountain drive or we call it as ghats, bit dangerous but still an adventurous one. During the rainy season this becomes most accidents prone area and hence you must be careful before you start. But winters are not so problematic. During Xmas vacation, Lonavala and Khandala have a lot of resorts organizing various camp activities for kids, so that they can enjoy winter to fullest. Don’t miss hot spicy sweet corn on Khandala ghat during winters. My kids love eating corns, carrot and sour raw mangoes in the topmost hill of Khandala.
3) Lavasa and Ambey valley: Place very near to Mumbai but its similar like a foreign destination. Once you are in Lavasa or Ambey valley, you would feel like either Switzerland or hilly European countries as it is so clean and neat and well maintained. Sometimes you don’t want to leave above places just because of its cold weather and chilling temperatures. Make sure you take sufficient clothing once you are there as your kids might feel very cold at this place during winter vacations.
Tips to remember while you go for Xmas vacation with kids during the vacation
PS: I am participating in the #blogchatterA2Z challenge and today’s letter Is X, so our article is related to Xmas Vacation with Kids.