Navigation is the term of art used by navigators to perform navigation tasks. In a broader sense, it means any skill or study that involves the determination of position and direction. There are several navigation techniques which help to locate the navigator’s position. Being a traveler mom ,my most of traveling goes in understanding and navigation. This helps to plan the drive so as to get safe and smoith journey .
Today, because of the presence of satellite navigation and Global Positioning Systems (GPS), to travel by roads have become much simpler. Remember the days when we used to ask directions from roadside tea-stalls or any passing people to reach our destination, but this is not the case today because the electronic gadgets with navigators provide you the views of the even the smallest lanes of the remote locations. Benefits of using navigation:
- It gives a real-time location and also enables users to chart routes on your immediate position.
- Just you need to type your destination and the device selects the shortest route to reach there.
- Traveling to new places becomes easy.
- While traveling if you are in need of something or if you are in an emergency, it is easy to find the nearest chemist, ATM’s, restaurants or hospitals or any other service.
- Navigation applications have proved to be a handy tool for traveling and searching.
- Another great benefit of these applications is connectivity.
- The other thing is it saves a lot of your time and gives you a lot of comfort regarding everything.
- To help with navigation, there are several applications which are easily available in the market and that too free.
Navigation applications and other uses of smartphones are also used by the kids and youngsters too at a very extreme level. Care should be taken of your kids so that they don’t misuse the service provided by the navigation applications. As we all know every coin has two sides if any modern inventions not used properly and for genuine and known reasons can also prove a curse to you.
PS: I am participating in blogchatter A2Z challenge and today’s letter Is N ,so our articles is related to Navigation application.
True navigation devices are indeed a boon, I cant imagine how we managed without them for ages
I suck at understanding GPS and still ask the people on street for directions. Needless to say that it gets totally messy. After reading your post, I really feel that I should get my understanding sorted out. Interesting choice of topic.
Wow.. what a theme you have chosen in the travel realm! Navigation is fun and enhances the thrill of travel, but for some it can get stressful. Usually on our travels me and my son are hooked on to the navigation part, be it on Maps, or Google Maps or reading street signs and figuring it out; and we have loads of fun and adventures doing it!
I use google maps every day and it has rarely misled me. Indeed they are a great asset but as you say there are two sides to every coin.
Really it’s a awesome…Idea