Celebrating Grandparents Day on September 10, 2017.
Watching silver hair turning black my angel asked my mother in law… What are you doing tukdi dadi, (her name is rukmani Devi, but my angels toddling age converted her name to tukdi dadi). She smiled and replied her from a golden heart, that I want to look young like you. Watching this picture I recalled my memories with my grandpa and grandma (both maternal and paternal). The pictures of me running behind cows and goats in a village to catch them along with my grand parents as they were farmers and used to do 20 hours of hard work in farms.
I still remember how we used to spend all our vacations in the village so that we can spend some quality time with our Grandparents. Once I saw granny making cow-dung balls n flattening on walls, it made me nostalgic and felt yeakky…but she made me realize that what she was doing is saving nature as plants can’t grow without cow-dung and they are the best fertilizer. Though uneducated, she was highly knowledgeable.
Grandparents Day is all above Love & Memories.
Grandparents are the ones who imparted the wisdom of saving money in me. They are the one who has taught me stories with moral of life, with shaky hands, thick glasses. They are the one who with wrinkled hands took me to tow. Sitting on their Laps on those rocking chair n pulling grandpa mustache was real fun. When grandpa used to sing oh meri zohra jabeen teasing granny, to make me laugh and blush. My grandfather was my first crush and I always wanted my partner to be like him. They are my double parents, and still strong n healthy to dance with me, when I forced them to do.
They always knew what I wanted, hiding from my dad and mom, they always gave me what I wanted. How much you teach them technology, they will find a solution without technology with their experience. When we siblings used to get the fever, my granny used to become world Best doctor, giving us all kinds of medicine on time, making sure that we get well and smile soon. Singing lullabies to make me sleep and sitting beside me the whole night without removing her glasses.
What our Grandparents Taught Us?
They are the ones who taught me that forever love exist in this world. And trust makes the relationship stronger. Now it’s my time to show gratitude towards them. Now the happiness comes in a form of tears from my Grandparents when they see my success. I am lucky to have them as my Grandparents.
This Grandparents day I would celebrate with my all granny and grandpa by organizing a full day fun frolic session for my childhood heroes.
- The first thing I would do is prepare a family tree with the help of my kid, kind of D.I.Y using old wooden cardboard and recycle them. This will make my Grandparents recollect all their memories of their siblings and their parents and also my kids will learn that if the things are old they are not to be thrown, in fact, they should be the core part of life.
- Secondly, I will call my Grandparents peer group to have fun with them, as they like to share their views with their friends.
- I will do head massage to both of them so that they feel as I’m cuddling them.
- I will Sing a family song just dedicated to my Grandparents.
- I will teach how to use the smartphone and click selfies, I know he likes it but never express us.
- Will play fish pond to take out his hidden treasures of childhood.
- Will take out all his old photos and discuss each story of those photos, this way I will touch his hidden unsaid thoughts which he wanted to say that time, but couldn’t say it.
- I will give them a radio dedication by contacting local radio stations.
- Learn some good recipes from Grandparents and make for them.
- This way I would like to make my Grandparents a huge celebration daily, and not only once in life or year.
I look forward to hear from you all, to know how would you celebrate Grandparents Day and do share a selfie with your Grandparents on Sept. 10, 2017. On Twitter or Facebook with #LoveJatao & tag @blogadda to win a goodie from Parachute Advansed.