Here comes the festival of Ganpati which is one of the most exciting times of the year. The entire house has to be well cleaned as Bappa would be visiting us. I personally clean my house a week before Ganpati. My Broom, wet piece of cloth, detergents and LAL HIT are my weapons against the cockroach-gang. My main motto is to save my kids from food poisoning especially during festivals. I stand on #SayNoToFoodPoisoning. It’s a known fact that cockroach gang is very smart as they pick spots that are hard for the usual daily cleaning to reach. Spots such as behind the cylinder, behind the gas pipe, below the rack, inside the sink etc. Especially in the night, I feel sometimes that cockroaches play night party on feast we prepare. Such places contain a million germs, as the night approaches; they come out of their hiding spots and crawl over the utensils and the entire cooking area, which in turn could be very harmful to the entire family’s health. These night creatures escape if regular and monthly cleaning is not done, by hiding in hard to reach corners like under the cylinder, sink, cracks and deep crevices. They carry germs and bacteria, which come along with their legs and wings, crawl on food and utensils, contaminate food and spread Food Poisoning.
A simple habit of monthly cleaning using LAL HIT can avoid food poisoning at home.
Being a mom, I ensure to clean my kitchen and every corner of my home with LAL HIT. I made it as my monthly kitchen cleaning regime. I start with dusting and spraying LAL HIT which also has the Deep Reach Nozzel helps me get into those tight corners which are not easily accessible and kills hidden cockroaches. The Deep Reach Long Nozzle saves a lot of effort and time, the remaining time can be used for preparing tasty dishes. After cleaning I spent time with my family and decide on sweets to be prepared for Ganpati festival. I love to prepare and serve my entire family as it’s one of my ways to show love and affection towards them.
Now I am all set to prepare my Ganpati special dishes and welcome Bappa.
Yummy Healthy Recipe for Ganpati Festival
I would like to prepare Oats Dry fruit laddoo this season as my little angel would love it while being healthy too. Laddoos have been one of the all time favorites in the Ganpati festival. My main focus is on health, hence I chose this dish as it is very healthy. The kids don’t realize that the dish is healthy for them as it contains powdered dry fruits.
- Wheat flour 1 cup/ Udid dal 1 cup
- Jaggery powder 1 cup
- Melted ghee half cup,
- Roasted oats half cup
- Dried coconut powder half cup
- Mix dry fruit powder 1/4 cup
- Edible gum 3 tbsp
- Poppy seeds 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Take dry fruits like almonds, cashews, pistachios, walnut, dried dates etc warm it little n make the powder using mixi.
- Roast oats in the wide pan on low flame for a minute or so. Keep it aside. Roast poppy seeds in the same way.
- Now Heat 2 tbsp ghee in the same pan, add edible gum and saute on low flame to make it puffed n crunchy, take out and keep it aside.
- In the same pan add wheat flour saute on low flame till you get a nice aroma, it turns little golden or light brownish.
- In mixi jar take oats, poppy seeds and make powder.
- In the same jar add dried coconut powder, puffed gum, dry fruit powder. Make powder all together.
- Heat remaining ghee switched off the gas and mix all ingredients well add cardamom powder and make laddu or modak using the mould.
My Secret Tips to make it crunchier
- Saute edible gum in small 2-3 portions to get it well puffed and crunchy.
- Try to take wheat flour which has a texture like a coarse powder and not very fine like we use for making roti.
- All ingredients are very power packed and healthy, keep it handy in the kitchen to satisfy the quick hunger of you n you child in a healthy way.
- You can even add Protein seeds like flax seeds in your preparation, which helps for your hair n skin.
I love making dishes all the time during the festival because so many guests visit my place and kitchen being their one of their favorite spots for 3 reasons- 1. My deliciously made food resides there. 2. Spick and Span kitchen during festivals is rarity and 3. Of course, the Fresh Fragrance my kitchen gets with the use of LAL HIT it Not Just Clean, LAL HIT Clean!