When Do You Need to Visit Gynecologist other Than Pregnancy
A gynecologist is a doctor who deals with women’s health, with a special focus on the reproductive system. Gynecologists handle cases pertaining to pregnancy, childbirth, obstetrics, menstruation, hormone disorders, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), fertility issues, and more.
A gynecologist can be a male or a female doctor, and we suggest that you select a doctor you are comfortable talking to without feeling shy. Not being able to explain your problem to a doctor will only cause you more trouble. It is advisable to go to the same gynecologist unless you have a strong reason not to. Your regular doctor will know your case history and can offer better treatment in most instances.
Though it is not necessary for a woman to visit the gynecologist for every small issue, pregnancy is not the only time a woman would have to visit her doctor. We have listed below some of the situations you will need to visit a gynecologist.
Severe Menstrual Pain and Heavy Bleeding
- If you have always had heavy bleeding, it is probably just how your body functions. But if you have noticed a sudden increase in bleeding and if it lasts for more than 4-5 days, booking an appointment with your gynecologist is suggested. Excess pain and heavy bleeding can be a sign that something in your system is not right and has to be treated.
Safe Sex and Family Planning
- We cannot emphasize enough the importance of safe sex. Many women avoid visiting a doctor because they don’t want to answer questions about their personal lives or sexual activity. But without this information, the gynecologist cannot offer you the right solution.
- Buying over the counter contraceptives could adversely affect your menstrual cycle and cause long-term problems in conceiving a child. Contraception, pregnancy termination, and sterilization should be handled by the doctor. Self-medication could even put your life at risk.
Pelvic Inflammatory Diseases
- If you are experiencing a burning sensation, pain, discomfort, ulcers, etc., in your vaginal region, do not silently bear it. You could be suffering from an infection and it is necessary to identify the main cause of the infection. Visit your gynecologist in Bangalore to make sure that you are not suffering from any serious health issues.
Endometriosis, PCOS, or UTI
- Conditions like these require medical attention and can be determined only after a few tests. Talk to your gynecologist and clear your doubts. Ask questions to know how to control the conditions and lead a healthy life.
- If you fear you could be suffering from STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection), immediately visit our gynecologist and get it treated before it affects your overall health.
Sexuality and Health Issues Related to Same-sex and Bisexual Relationships
- You might face a few issues talking to a gynecologist in such instances, so it is important to find a doctor who is compassionate and understanding.
Breast disorders, frequent urination, sexual dysfunction, congenital abnormalities, etc. should not be neglected.
Disclaimer: All information, content, and material of this website is for informational purposes only and are not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider.